Step Right Up


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Loved the story because it shows what kindness can do. The horse learned to read,write and file letters. Doc or William Key was born into slavery in 1833 but was educated unlike other slaves. When doc was a kid he was good with animals because he was just kind to them. With the kids he saw he made them pledge to always be kind to animals.

Anonymous said...

Step right up was a nice man.
He cared for animals.
And lastly he made a lot of cures.

Anonymous said...

Step right up was about a caring man.
And he was really nice to animals.
Lastly he was a doctor.

JACOB CATHEY said...

The book was about a man and his name was doc. and he studied about medicine to help the people in his town and there was a mare. and she allowed him to sale his medicine to people in his neighborhood. and the mare was always limping. and he asked the mare is she all rite and he Said from her look it looked like the mare was abused by her parents. and doc took care of a horse that you can see the horses bones. and the horse growled up to be the horse that always won first place.

Anonymous said...

This book is interesting with a horse that can write, spell, and read. Also, i like the pictures in the book.

Bailee Koedyker said...

This book was about a very smart horse.The horse’s name was Jim.My favorite part was when the foal was born.

Bailee Koedyker said...

This book was great.I really loved it.The book step right up was about a hoarse how could write his own name.With all the kindness this book will be hard to beat.

Dezirae d said...

This book is about a horse that can read,write,and knows how to do math.I didn’t believe a horse could read write and do math perfect.

Elizabeth d said...

I like this book because it shows how kindness is key Ana’s that they help animals.

Kristin M said...

This book was very good. I thought it was cool because he made a medicine that can treat people and horses. I loved how he was so nice to the horses. I thought it was cute that Doc nursed Lauretta back to health. Overall, I loved this book.

Nicholas jakel said...

My favorite part in this book was when Doc started teaching Jim the horse.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I thought this book is great. I like this book because it is about Doc and how he taught a horse to read and write by being nice to the horse.



Lily Linsemeyer

Anonymous said...

I think this book was a good book because it taught you kindness. One of my favorite parts of this book was that doc taught Jim to do tricks. Everyone didn’t believe that a horse could do tricks but that were wrong! Kindness is key doc likes to say. This book really taught me a lesson to be kind to other no matter how they look. In the beginning of the story it says Jim likes all animals especially horses. In the middle of the book it said Jim grew so there was no space for Jim in docs house so Jim had to sleep outside on a bed. At the ending of the story Jim could do tricks and everyone wanted to go to his shows.

Emma Anning said...

I think step right up is good. You can learn things about his child hood and why the slave where not able to learn. I hope every one would like this book because its very Interesting.

Lily K said...

Jim Key is a horse who learned how to spell, do math, read and more. Doc Key was kind to the horse and taught the horse things that mostly only people learn. I really liked this book.