A place for Yosties to discuss the books being considered for the 2018-2019 Young Hoosier Book Award
Garvey's Choice
10 comments:
Hannah L
said...
A boy named Garvey likes to sing. His dad wants him to be a jock. In the middle of the story, Garvey makes a new friend named Manny. His original friend was a guy named Joe. In the end Garvey goes into a choir. He sings in a recital and his dad finds out what his son wants to be
I wasn’t a big fan of the book. It was very scattered around and I didn’t really understand it. I also didn’t understand the P.O.V of the book or the meaning of it. It was a very short book and i read it in two days
Garvey's choices is about a boy thats unwanted from his father. In this book it has little short poams and storys that tell little memories. For example one of them is called garvey's choice he talks about kinda like random poams
This book is about a boy who doesn’t fit in because all they see is a overweight boy and it is about his dad wanting him to be something he is not. His dad wants him to a football player.
This book was kind of hard to follow. The book is about a boy who wants to sing but he knows his dad will be disappointed that he doesn’t want to be a jock. This book was funny and I enjoyed it.
The book was easy to read. I got a little lost in the words . The book was about a boy who was a good singer and he enjoyed singing. He was teased by the way he looked . He knew that if he doing any thing that did not have any thing to do with sports his dad would be upset.
10 comments:
A boy named Garvey likes to sing.
His dad wants him to be a jock.
In the middle of the story, Garvey makes a new friend named Manny.
His original friend was a guy named Joe.
In the end Garvey goes into a choir.
He sings in a recital and his dad finds out what his son wants to be
I wasn’t a big fan of the book. It was very scattered around and I didn’t really understand it. I also didn’t understand the P.O.V of the book or the meaning of it. It was a very short book and i read it in two days
Nikki grimes.
This book was perfect.
and i think it was a poem book.
I thought this book was ok.It was about a boy who did not like sports but his dad did.
Garvey's choices is about a boy thats unwanted from his father. In this book it has little short poams and storys that tell little memories. For example one of them is called garvey's choice he talks about kinda like random poams
I like the book because it rimes and that it tells you that if you do not want to do some thing you do not have to do it.
My favorite part was the end when everyone was proud of him for his performance.
Lily Linsemeyer
This book is about a boy who doesn’t fit in because all they see is a overweight boy and it is about his dad wanting him to be something he is not. His dad wants him to a football player.
This book was kind of hard to follow. The book is about a boy who wants to sing but he knows his dad will be disappointed that he doesn’t want to be a jock. This book was funny and I enjoyed it.
The book was easy to read. I got a little lost in the words . The book was about a boy who was a good singer and he enjoyed singing. He was teased by the way he looked . He knew that if he doing any thing that did not have any thing to do with sports his dad would be upset.
Post a Comment