Whoosh!


15 comments:

Kristin M said...

Lonnie was working in the kitchen when he made a mess in the kitchen. His mother never made him stop working, instead she asked him to work out side. After he made his new water gun lots of toy stores said no except for one of the toy stores.

Anonymous said...

Whoosh! Was about a young boy.
He was a great adventurer.
And lastly he made his own shop and became a toy maker

Anonymous said...

Sylis. I really like at the end where all the kids were playing with the super soaker. Also it really inspired me to never give up.

Anonymous said...

I liked the book because it talked about a very good inventor. The book talked about things that you would not normally think about. Now I know where the squirt gun came from. The story line could of been better. Overall i liked the book.

Anonymous said...

I think the book was really good because he made things out of scrap. Like a robot he made that when he was a kid that’s prety cool. The super soaker was the best and that’s the best thing to do in the summer. My favorite part was when he splashed every one in the room.

Anonymous said...

This book is great. I didn’t know he invented things like a robot, a rocket, and a water gun.

Andrzelika S said...

Lonnie Johnson lived in sa mobile and that dident stop him from doing rockets and water gun.
Lonnie then went to college and became a engineer.
Then Lonnie made a water gun and told about it.
When Lonnie was building a rocket ship his kitchen caught on fire his mom told him to work out side.
Lonnie wants to spend his life designing things and building things.

Elizabeth D said...

I liked that the book gives a lessen that you creep tring and never give up and that the book how it gives information on how the first water gun was mad so that kids can learn. I recommend this book it is a really good book

Bailee Koedyker said...

I thought this book was good.I think it was cool that he invented a water gun.

Lily K said...

Lonnie liked to experiment and invent but there are always challenges and you have to get over them. He invented the water squirt guns and has his own workshop.

Lily K said...

When I read whoosh I thought that he was really smart to make a lot of the water toys. I didn’t know how he remembered how to make them.

Anonymous said...

Lonnie lived in a small house in mobile alabama. Lonnie’s dream was to spend him life designing things. When Lonnie went to science fairs he always won 1st place. He invented many things that a lot of people use today. I think the lesson in this story is not never give up and keep trying until something works out. My favorite part of this book is when Lonnie invented the super soaker.

Anonymous said...

Amber Smith

Whoosh! Is about Lonnie Johnson and how he invented the super soaker. Lonnie was working on a cooling system when he accidentally turned it on and he saw it would be a good water gun. He showed his invention to a lot of different toy companies but they did not like his idea. Finally someone said they liked his idea and everyone loved the super soaker.

Anonymous said...

Lily Linsemeyer


I thought this book is good. It si about how Lonnie Johnson created the super soaker. He tried lots of toy companies but, they didn’t like his idea. So, he kept trying. Because the toy companies didn’t like it he made a new one that went higher and faster. The toy company liked it.

Novea Brandon said...

Lonnie Johnson when he was a kid loved playing with rockets. But he lived in a small house with his six brothers and sisters. He liked shooting them outside. Then he wanted to invent rockets so he would try in his kitchen and one time he even started a fire and his mom said keep on creating rockets.Lonnie also would bring his rockets to school and at recess he would launch the rocket and everyone would gather around to watch. He also created this robot out of like a CD player that wolyuld play music. And out of other things. Then when he was like in college he created this big disco ball and then he through big partys too. Then he wanted to be in the NASA and he kind of told and taught people his ideas. At the end of the story he wanted to create a water gun and he did but it all fell apart and he again wanted to make one he was calling people to get his ideas so he can tell them. Everyone kept on saying no no no no. Then someone finally said yes and then he finally created one and every one played with it and it was called the Super Soaker.